Thursday, February 23, 2006

Equality

Equality is a nice word.

I like to use it.My boss likes to use it.Activists like to use it.
My boss told me that there is no heirarchy in science.Everyone is equal in the western parts of this planet.Humanitarian aid is given, because we cannot let our equals starve.

As Orwell said, some equalities are more equal than the others.My boss is more equal than me.In the west, you are a defender of freedom and equality if you caricature one prophet and a villain if you caricature the other.

Equality is a myth.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice one. But one qualification.

Equality is not in considering everything the same, or even in having the same opinion rationally.
Think,
Does both the 'defender' and the 'villain' have the right to speak in the west?

Ah! Then that is equality...isnt it?

Now how about in the east?
Think about it.

Adios.